The Family

The Family

Monday, September 3, 2012

To Whom Much is Given Much is Required

Things I have learned as a Sub Wife.... As a Sub Wife I enjoy some pretty awesome benefits: medical, commissary, exchange, travel, access to places that many Americans will never see. I get to participate in traditions like the CPO pinning, the Tolling of the Boats, Re-enlistment ceremonies, POW table and blessing, Colors, and, retirement ceremonies. I am blessed to be able to watch fireworks from the top of the CPO building on Historical Pearl Harbor, watch the YOC morning run and the retiring of the colors on the Mighty Mo the same Day. I am blessed to have opportunities like this, ones that many in our country will never experience. However, the price for these opportunities is paid in understanding. Understanding that there will be times that my husband will not be home for those treasured events, and even though he said he would be home in time, he just couldn't make it. Understanding that there really are more important things in the world than me and what I would like. Understanding that every plan I make needs to have a plan A,B,and, C. Understanding that nothing is written in stone when it comes to the submarine world and the plan changes more than my teenage boys change their underwear. Understanding that there will be times that I will have to pick up my life and start over. Understanding that I will have to put my big girl panties on and deal with in...even when I don't want to and they give me a wedgie!!! However, the two most important things I need to understand are: 1. That I made a CHOICE to love a submariner 2. It was the best CHOICE I have ever made! Honorcouragecommittment

No comments:

Post a Comment