The Family

The Family

Monday, September 3, 2012

Its Not About Me...

It's not about me.... 23 years ago we made a collective decision to make the Navy a career. When I did this I understood that there would be times when I would have to sacrifice and understand that at that moment it wasn't about me. In the last seven years I have received two degrees that I wasn't able to walk for because my husband was gone, Sunday I will finish my masters and I will not be traveling to walk for that either, because my husband will be gone. And I will be completely honest, I am ok with that. While, I would love to be able to wear my cap and gown, the fact that my husband and children supported me as I reached my goals far out weighs any ceremony. We made a decision as a married couple that we would be committed to his career and I completely understood what that meant for me as an individual. I understood that there were times that I would have to sacrifice what I wanted, understand that the boat schedule is what it is, that I would have little to no information as to the location or the possible return date of my husband, and back in the day I understood that I was only allowed 12 Family Grams per a six month deployment, never mind expecting an email daily:-) Now, let me tell you my husband is exceptionally good to me and ensures that I am very well taken care of, because I simply understand......It's not about me. Honorcouragecommittment

No comments:

Post a Comment