The Family

The Family

Monday, September 3, 2012

Sub Wife Friendships

Things I have learned as a Sub Wife.... The Sub Lifestyle has given me the privilege of having some amazing friends. We have survived multiple WESTPAC's, NORPAC's,RIMPAC's, Local OP's, and changes of homeports together. We have carried each other through pregnancies, miscarriages, births, deaths, hurricanes, 9-11, Shock and Awe, and the Shipyard:-) First days of Preschool, Kindergarten, High School, and High School Graduations! I have friends that were with me at the beginning like, Tina Adkins and Heather Tester... friends that I have NEVER met in person: Hope Calcutt Trujillo, Emily Alley, Vickie Cotie Schultz, Jill Harris Schultz, Joni Lukasko Blakely, and Shari Neisler Owings. And Lea Guess who I may have seen in person maybe twice...but they have all made my life brighter by being there for me. Then there are those SUB wives who will always be with me and hold a piece of my heart, not all of them for the length of the friendship but the quality like Keisha Bolden, Melanie Blair, Mechele Braff Minyard, Vivian Dannelly Alcott, Carolyn Haughey, Darla Weisen, Charlene Rivera, Donna Porter, Beth Hundley, and Sharon Hughley I promise you that the majority of your non-submarine friends will NEVER understand what you live on a day to day basis and will look at you like you have three heads when you talk sometimes. But these women get me...sometimes I don't even have to say how I feel, they just understand. So I encourage you to go out and connect with some SUB wives that you will be able to look back in 20 years and say how blessed you were to have known them

No comments:

Post a Comment