The Family

The Family

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sub Wife...on Murphy's Law

Please let me begin with a disclaimer...No grammar, spelling, or other errors of this post can be credited to me the writer of this post. All errors will be the sole responsibility of the pain killers I was given this afternoon...for a kidney stone. You see there is regular people Murphy's Law and then there is the Sub Wife Murphy's Law. It is similar to Murphy's Law in that when the boat leaves whatever can go wrong will go wrong. The boat left this week and within several hours I was sure I had a kidney stone. While he was still here I thought it was the flu...once he left in became apparent that it was a kidney stone. It always happens like this. For example within 30 days of a 6 month deployment I usually find myself in the Emergency Room with one of more children. The shortest time was three days at the beginning of the 2002, 9 1/2 month deployment on the USS Louisville...and we all know how that ended up. The one prior to this one was two weeks into a deployment, on a new boat, at a new job...with Joshua's broken nose. I have found that it is much easier to accept the Sub Wife version of Murphy's Law rather than fight it. After all in the words of Kelly Clarkson...Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment